About Beach View & Around
Where is Beach View?
Beach View is located in Paynes Bay, St. James, on the West Coast of the island. Just 5 minutes away from Beach View is bustling Holetown, the island’s second largest town, where you can find great shopping facilities, an assortment of restaurants, banks, supermarkets and nightlife. Bridgetown, the island’s capital is just 10 minutes away.
How long has Beach View been opened?
We opened in December 2008.
What is the square footage of your suites?
Our three bedroom apartment suite is 1817 sq ft.
Our two bedroom apartment suite is 1372 sq ft.
Our one bedroom apartment suite is approximately 1200 sq ft.
How many people do your suites sleep?
Our 3 bedroom suite sleeps up to 6 adults + 1 infant
Our 2 bedroom suite sleeps up to 4 adults + 1 infant
Our 1 bedroom suite sleeps up to 2 adults + 1 infant
What is the currency?
Barbados has its own currency, Barbados dollars (BD$). The rate of exchange is US$1.00 = BD$2.00. US dollars are readily accepted throughout the island and Beach View will also accept Sterling, Euros and Canadian dollars
Is tap water safe to drink?
Where is the closest bus stop?
The closest bus stop is located on the main road in front of the hotel.
Where are the nearest churches?
The nearest churches are:
- Catholic: St. Francis of Assisi (10 minutes drive to the north)
- Anglican: St. James Parish Church (5 minutes drive to the north in Holetown)
- Methodist: Paynes Bay Methodist Church (Across from our entrance gate)
- Jewish: Bridgetown Synagogue (Bridgetown)
Some of these churches are displayed on our location map.
Is there a bank nearby?
Yes, there are a number of banks located in Holetown. Some of which are displayed on our location map.
Is there a grocery nearby?
We offer an in-room pre stocking grocery service, click here to order groceries. Alternatively, there is a large supermarket, Super Centre, in Holetown, a 5 minute drive from Beach View. There are also several mini marts in and around the area.
Where can I play golf?
The nearest golf courses open to the public are:
- Sandy Lane – a 5 minute drive from Beach View offering 2 courses, one 18 hole and one 9 hole course.
- Royal Westmoreland - a 15 minute drive from Beach View.
- The Barbados Golf Club is also available to the public and located on the South Coast at Durants, approximately 35 minutes away.
Click to see the courses on the location map.
Is the beach safe for swimming?
Beach View is located on the West Coast of the island on the Caribbean Sea. The waters are very calm and safe for swimming and snorkelling. At certain times of the year however, the current can become stronger than normal and regular caution should be taken at all times.